Do any of these sound familiar?
- You faced a health challenge of some kind and received Reiki which you feel helped in your recovery. You would like to be able to offer other people the same kind of help, but don't know where to start. You are also unsure about whether you would be able to do Reiki: you are probably not a person with the special skills needed.
- When you were younger you were fit and healthy. As you have aged various parts of your body have started to grumble. It may be pain in your joints, digestive problems or lack of energy. You don't like taking medication, so often find yourself putting up with pain and discomfort.
- Life seemed so much easier when you were a child! Now you are an adult there is so much to do, so many responsibilities and often it all gets on top of you! Some days you would like to just stay in bed and let the world get on by itself. As a result sometimes you suffer from headaches, tight shoulders and other physical discomfort, not to mention feeling tense and unhappy emotionally.
- Life was going smoothly until you suffered a bereavement or other crisis. Now life seems difficult. Some days you just want to cry, others you feel OK then feel guilty about that. You would like someone to wave a magic wand and make everything go back to how it was!
- You already work helping people with their healing. The problem is you often feel drained yourself, helping other people to deal with their problems. You need a simple way to support yourself. It would be good if it was something easy to learn that you could also offer to those you help, to benefit them further.
- On the face of it your life is going OK - but you have a feeling of there being a missing piece, that there must be 'something more'. Perhaps you feel the need some kind of spirituality in your life, but you are not drawn to any organised religion. You may even have a religion already, but somehow it is not giving you what you feel you need at the moment.
- You are drawn to the idea of being a complementary health practitioner but feel daunted by the idea of studying a therapy that requires a lot of book learning. You would like something that is simple to learn and relatively easy to practise.
The First Degree Reiki Course is suitable for:
- Men or women of any age and physical ability
- Children over 5 years old who have at least one family member who has already learned Reiki
- People with no prior experience of Reiki (although receiving Reiki at least once before learning is a good idea)
- People who have been receiving Reiki and enjoyed it
- People who have health challenges
- People who actively take good care of their health and well-being and prefer not to use medication unless absolutely necessary
- People who are comfortable with touch
- • People who are seeking a change of direction or more meaning in life
"Thank you for introducing me to Reiki. I haven't slept so well for the last 10 years! I am, in consequence, able to manage my chronic pain so much better."
Learning Reiki will be good for you if you have the following values:
- You like the simple things in life
- You are keen to keep yourself in good health, physically, mentally and emotionally
- You enjoy helping others when they are in difficulties
- You are open to change - or even actively looking for it
- You enjoy learning something new
- You love people/animals/plants